Thursday, May 24, 2007

Toronto, Canada - 23 May 2007

Toronto May 2007


Niagara Falls and Niagra-on-the-Lake


Greetings from Toronto! So far I'm having a good time. I even got rid of my jet lag, so now it's kind of hard again to get up in the morning! Having said that, I went to the gym at 7am this morning (for the first and probably last time in my life). The conference (ASM General Meeting) is going well, although the Metro Convention Centre is vast and feels more like an airport, and we spend a lot of time walking around.

Went for a walk on Monday morning, 6am (that also doesn't happen very often...), in the deserted streets of Toronto, which is when I took most of the pictures. Later we drove to Niagara Falls, which was really wet but great fun!

Toronto I think is a weird city - nice, but weird. It feels small, but it's not - we looked down on the city from the 51st floor last night, and there are lights as far as you can see. Old buildings are mixed in with skyscrapers, and it's very cosmopolitan. It's like someone took a little something from many different places all over the world, put everything together and gave it a good shake, and put it on the shore of Ontario Lake. I'm enjoying it, though. We met some nice people, had a couple of nice dinners and went shopping as well!

Looking forward to go to Montreal on Friday, starting my holidays....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Andrea ,
Thanks for sharing with us your Canadian trip !I love the pictures, especially the one from Niagara Falls, it looks beautiful.
Sounds like you have a great time and that the conference is going well. Glad to know you enjoy your time !
Bisous.
Rozenn